Follow by Email

Friday, December 30, 2011

Yhuwdah's Journey: Thought to Launch | pt. 9


Greetings Yhuwdah Family,
In the continuation of this story behind Yhuwdah I want to make one more statement about the trademark registration before we move on. There is something that I have learned at the end (it about 1 year for me  to finalize-I’m sure you can do it faster than that but my issue at the time was that I have to pay out of pocket, all while considering my family) of the trademark process and that was the fact that I didn’t have to pay an attorney to do it, if I hadn’t gotten lazy in my research. A member of my team, told me about these things nearing the end of the Statement-of-Use registration. I was about to pay $950 when I found out that I can go online (I gave you the link on in the last blog) and do it myself for only $100, my mind began wondering how much more could I have saved had I either done the research (more in depth) or had a person dispersing wisdom. Major lesson learned.
So, let me get into my how the designs came about.

Flat Designs:
Firstly, I want to say that you don’t have to be an art major in order to do your own designs, that’s exactly why I stated in blog 2 that you should research social networking sites for groups of your interests (in this case it would be designers or tech packs), because you have professionals that know how to take your ideas and take them from dreams to reality. I just happened to bless with the a person that had a heart for start-up clothing businesses.
This is what I would do on a day of inspiration. I would be riding the bus to work and the moment I get an idea, just as I did with writing my music (www.DaClay.com ), I would pull out my writing pad and then do rough sketches of my idea(s) and when I arrive at work, I would research different brands to see if I was running parallel with the fashion industry’s train of thought. If I felt that I was close but remain different, then I would use my Galaxy Tab by Samsung to scan the sketch into a PDF form and send it via email to my Tech Pack Designer in a totally different country. I would meet her on Gmail/Yahoo Chat and talk/chat in detail in the same manner I am writing this blog to you. I purposely made this point about chatting online because if you utilize the many tools you have at your disposal for completing your vision, you will see how useful technology is in the advancement of it. However, don’t make yourself vulnerable by leaving out the legalities of your vision because there are copy-cats out there and thieves and they are often educated on what they can and can not do.

Ps. Check out the upcoming website www.Yhuwdah.com, pre-ordering will be made available soon! 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't catch the link on trademark please post it.

    ReplyDelete